Here is a list of 15 great family movies that are not listed in any ranked order. Every movie here is entertaining for both children and adults.
1. Despicable Me- An awesome film starring Steve Carell in the lead role. Very funny and very well done.
2. Rio- A great cast with great music. A good balance of silly humor and feel good moments.
3. Fantastic Mr.Fox- is a delight for the eyes with a multi-generational appeal. Starring an A-Lister cast. Very funny!
4. The Adventures of Tin Tin- Drawing deep from the classic Raiders of the Lost Ark story this is an awesome adventure film with light humor and classic Tin Tin moments.
5. The War- This movie is warm, touching, and funny at the same time. Another great Kevin Costner film!
6. Rango- This is a smart and creative movie with beautiful animation. Johnny Depp gives an array of vocal performances. This movie made me laugh continuously through out!
7. Big Fish- A charming father-and-son tale filled with a typical Tim Burton feel. A great fantasy story to get lost in.
8. Kiki's Delivery Service- This is a beautifully rendered tale of a young witch discovering her place in the world. Directed by Hayao Miyazaki, one of Japan's most beloved animators. One of my favorites, a must see!
9. My Neighbor Totoro- This amazing animated children's tale directed by Hayao Miyazaki, Is a heartwarming, sentimental masterpiece that captures the simple grace of childhood. Another beautiful must see film.
10. Diary of a Wimpy Kid- These are great movies based on the best selling book series. All three that are out now are great! I suggest you watch all them in order. Very funny!
11. Harry Potter series- These great films do not need much introduction. From the first movie to the last, this series I have watched over 20 times. Absolutely wonderful! If you have not seen them or have only seen a few. I highly suggest to watch them all in order.
12. Wreck-it Ralph- One word, Awesome! I loved this movie a lot. It's no wonder it got nominated for an Oscar this year. Equally entertaining for both kids and parents old enough to catch the references. A must see !!
13. Jurassic Park 1- A movie I consider to be a family film. Maybe a little too scary for the little kids but my boys enjoy watching scary movies. I think this is just enough scary with not many inappropriate moments. Perfect for a dark stormy night!
14. Finding Nemo- This is a stunning underwater adventure, with great characters. This movie is filled with humor and heartfelt emotion. I loved this movie when it came out and consider it a classic. If you have not seen this film it is a definite must see!
15. Big-Sweet and undeniably funny. This is a great story of a 13 year old boy wishing to be an adult. Great job by Tom Hanks in the lead role. A few PG moments but over all great for all ages!
I hope you have found a few ideas on movies you did not know about or have forgotten. Remember all these are opinions of mine and are not listed in any ranked order!
Source by Ashley Friesen