The thrill of outdoor adventure sports. Most of them death defying and bares an absolute image of risk in which people show much animosity. Despite the animosity, extreme adventure sports have been gaining much popularity all over the world. More and more people find themselves in these activities because of a most natural human trait – curiosity. Finding out why others can do it and you can’t. Zoning in on the fears that you may have which prevent you from finding out what it is like to engage in such activities. What’s good about adventure sports is that there is always a platform to start from and this start-off point is bungy jumping. The following 7 reasons make bungy jumping the best adventure sport for budding adrenaline junkies and absolute enthusiasts.
1. It’s a great beginner sport for extreme aficionados. Very little training and know how is required. Neophytes to the sport need not purchase their own equipment, plus suitable locations are spread throughout the globe which makes it so easy to find.
2. It’s safer than it looks. Jumping off a platform that is over 100 feet high with only an elastic cord attached to your ankles is not exactly a day to day routine and would certainly look very dangerous. Once you get to know the sport, you will realize the intense maintenance that bungy jumping equipment goes through. The training that the facilitators have and the extensive accreditation that has to be obtained before they can even talk about bungy. A bungy jump is mostly seen as a carefree act of liberating one’s soul from deep seated fears, chronic stress or simply a crazy man’s notion of fun. The nitty gritty procedure of ensuring a jumper’s safety is often hidden behind people oscillating, jumper’s screaming and rejoicing one jump after the other. If security of this activity is the question of the day, just come to think that bungy jumping has come a long, long way and all throughout its journey, safety has always been the priority.
3. One bungy so many ways. Bungy jumping has been on the market for such a long time that improvisations on the jump have been created to provide more chill and more thrill. To date variations range from the traditional ankle bungy jump to bungy trampolin and bungy rocket where the participant is catapulted up from the ground, and the twin towers.
4. A bungy for all occasions. This is a great adventure sport because you can urge your friends to share the experience with you. Desperate to have your best friend join you? Then you can give them an adventure similar to yours as a gift! Something that they cannot refuse and will be thanking you for, for the longest time.
5. Standalone or combine with other extreme sports, bungy jumping is sure to give you a fired up extreme atmosphere that will keep you buzzed for weeks!
6. The view to a thrill. Bungy jumping involves great heights which bring about two things, fear and a spectacular view of the surrounding area. One compliments another as some people use the spectacular sights as a means to pacify the fear of the drop.
7. A Repeat Performance. Unlike most of the extreme sports on the market, bungy jumping allows you to do one jump after the other. Some outfitters even have the option to hype up your game by upgrading a simple jump to a more complex and extreme one.
Source by Brett Hughes